It's been a while since our last blog entry. I know that Kevin has been busy with midterms/work/life. lol. Addy recently came back from his trip to Sin City, I have yet to know how that went however. Me, I've pretty much doing the same shit. On the contrary though, even though my actions here in the city of angels have been somewhat...stagnant, I feel as though my mind has matured a lot over the span of two weeks. First off, let me announce my near return to Norcal. But this blog isn't about my return to the bay area, but my return to my priorities.
Initially, my objective for this vacation was to give myself some time to reflect and put things into perspective. I can tell you that it was only recently that things became clear to me once more. I look back and think about the past and try to figure out where I went astray. I'm not saying that what happened before was wrong or that I have any regret because if it hadn't been certain circumstances I wouldn't be the person I would be today. Sure, everyone wishes they could have some things back or turn back the hands of time, but until time travel is invented we all must deal with whats in front of us.
I've been talking to my sister about what I should do with my life and she said tersely "Get your priorities straight." I couldn't agree more. Lately, I lost track of what I was doing. Not only was I skipping out on school, but I absolutely had no direction in life. I found myself having a lot of free time...which is nice, but so much time means that I'm wasting it. At least for those that don't go to school have a goal in life. I didn't. Wrawsome was my life, but I feel like at this point of my life, I can only afford having dance as a hobby. Dancing is something that I want to keep doing, but I can't let it sacrifice what is more important, such as school and work.
So as I come back, I want to get back on track. It will take some time, especially because I'm behind, but it won't stop me from working at it. I need to push myself because I can't afford to waste anymore time as I did before. And I can't let any distractions take the best of me. I left myself open and let my guard down, and I got burned for it. It took one individual to rock the shit out of my world, but I think the way I bounced back and handled myself really was a test of my armor. I thought I had hit rock bottom, but I always say that if you do hit rock bottom, the only way to look is up. This is enough for now. Ciao.
I just want to add this brilliant clip from the movie Old School. Enjoy.
0 comments:
Post a Comment