Update.

It's been three days here in L.A. so far. I just wanted to update the readers on how I was doing, what I've been doing, and what I plan on doing while I'm here. Once I got here, all I've been doing so far is just trying to settle in. Getting used to the new area and pretty much living on my own has been somewhat bearable. Coming over here, I thought that I wouldn't been able to move in so easily, and all of a sudden get cold feet and want to go back home. Luckily that didn't happen. Once I stepped through the door, it was kinda exciting. My sister gave me my own room so I just unpacked all my clothes, set up my xbox and basically try to make it as comfortable as I could make it.

On Monday, my sister came home from work and picked me up to go watch her perform a short play that her friend wrote. The theatre was all the way near Korea town..or at least as much as I could remember because I slept on the way there =P. There, I met all her friends and they were really cool and friendly. I was kinda quiet because I was just thinking a lot, plus I'm shy around people that I don't know. It takes me a while to get warmed up to people. Afterwards, we all went to go get tacos at a taco truck, which was really good...and cheap, which made it taste even better. Since then, I've been inside the house just watching tv, playing games, eating, etc. Trying to relax and just be on vacation.

I would say that the most adventurous thing I've done so far is having to walk to the grocery store. The store, called Family Farms, is about 4 or 5 blocks away. Doesn't seem far, but it gave me a chance to take a look at the neighborhood that I was living it. I live in a predominantly Mexican community, then again I realized that I was living in South Central. As I was walking to my destination, I started thinking that I have to get used to the stores around here. I don't have my car anymore so I gotta get used to my surroundings that were walkable distance. Living in Milpitas and now being in L.A., its real different. The neighborhood does look ghetto and I probably wouldn't want to walk around at night. There is a good amount of crazy people walking around and shouting things out. They're all things that I have to get used to and learn to love. lol.

That's pretty much it, and now I'm here writing a blog. I have to admit, I miss home. I miss my car and having the privilege to drive myself. I miss my friends. Really, the only thing that keeps me connected to home is talking to Vanessa at night. I miss her too. She usually just updates me on whats happening in her life or Wrawsome. She also keeps reminding me that she wants me to come home..hahaha...sorry Ness, I'm on vacation. I do plan on visiting though, just not anytime soon. I want to enjoy my time here. I also plan on hitting up my friends that go to school around here, such as UCLA or Irvine. Again, I am a little homesick, but I just gotta tough it. Thats it for now, Adios!

1 comments:

Jbleezyj said...

damn be safe in the ghetto neighborhood walking around at night haha.

anyways post pics if you got them! haha