Cheese.

"Sometimes the best things in life happen when you're not ready for them."

I don't know who said that quote, but I heard it from somewhere. I post this because it just seems an appropriate time.

Many times I've heard men and women say that they aren't ready for relationships, love, etc. I agree with them...to a certain point. I ask them So when will you be ready? When it is too late? Or is it another way of saying "Sorry I'm not interested." There are many meanings to the phrase "I'm just not ready." I agree to a certain point because it is true...sometimes we aren't ready. Sometimes people rush into things not thinking about what they are getting themselves into. So often it just ends in break-ups, or even not starting a relationship at all.

I guess you can say that it's really hard to put a fixed guideline to deal with "Ready or not." But I can say that it's important to read into the situation. Sometimes when two people are going at it too fast, it can result in the "not ready" realization. However, there are always exceptions. Sometimes if there is something good in front of you, you take that chance, whether you're ready or not. Because you never know that when you're "ready," the opportunity has passed and the only thing you weren't really ready for was losing the person.

This is just an interesting concept that I've been thinking about lately. This is just my opinion, so I could be wrong. Like I said, there are always exceptions. My advice: Give them space. Listen to what they say. If you're truly there for that person, you won't suffocate her with questions such as "WHY WHY WHY WHY?!?!?!" Even though most initial reactions to the whole ready idea is "bullshit!" But that's not the way to go. If feelings fade, so be it. You and your partner shouldn't fake feelings, make sure you're sure about things otherwise it starts getting rocky. The only thing you got is time, time to let he or she figure things out. If it works out, then it works out. Don't force anything. Penis.

0 comments: