
it was a little difficult trying to make new friends. Mainly because I was comfortable with where I was and who I knew, I kinda forgot how to socialize. Eventually, I got used to it and now I know a whole mess of people. I also learned that in college, you don't have time to have a little "group" of friends that you always hang out with. It might not be true for some, but for me...I realized that everyone has their own thing going on, so you don't have time for that "omg, like, you're not hanging out with me anymore...wtf!?!???!?!" Don't get me wrong though, I miss my high school friends. Every now and then I'd like to reminisce about the old days, but living in the past isn't living in the present (duh). Also, I'm not saying that college equals separation from high school friends, but I am saying that everything changes. Even if you still hang out with "the gang," what are the chances that all of you go to the same school? Your world changes.
Then, around the middle of the year, I joined a competitive dance team called Wrawsome. Never in my life would I find myself dancing. I'm not hella good or anything, but to be on a competitive team? Wow, I have no idea how it happened. No doubt that it has become a large part of my life.

The latter half of my year was definitely quite an experience, as mentioned on our podcast. I'm sure some of you might know ;). Who knew one person could throw me in a crazy roller coaster of emotions lol. I could go in to it but....it might get a little personal...plus I'd have to explain the details to fully understand the story...and no one has time for that. haha. I just wanna say that it's been a decent '08. If I had to sum in it up in one short sentence..I'd have to say that the first half was about making it on my own and growing up; the second half was about living life for what it's worth for you and not how others see it. Feel me? As for my resolution for O's nine? Not quite sure yet...probably something I wouldn't expect from myself. All I can do is remember the past years and how I've gotten to this point and be grateful for the person that I am and the friends I have made. I hope you guys had a good new year's day, lord knows I did....haha.
Cheers to the new yuuurrrr.
0 comments:
Post a Comment