Build Me Up Buttercup

I decided that Raymond likes to post too much, so I will intervene on his streak and blurb some shit about my own life.

To be completely honest, not too much has changed, but I gotta say, I've picked up a new love, music. Raymond, Addy and I recently went to the guitar center over by valley fair, and man, those drum machines are beastly, especially this one $3k MIDI keyboard that comes with a drum machine within itself. That, and my ukulele. The biggest thing I want to really work on is my voice. If you guys know anyone, or if you yourself are willing to coach a lonely, bad singer, please hit me up. I figured I'm stuck at home during school and work breaks, that maybe playing the guitar, ukulele and possibly making beats can be what I'm "good" at. Who knows, maybe I'll forget about them in a day or two.



My next song..


Anyways, work has been stressful. I've always worked hard to get to where I was, only to find out that where I've gone, isn't really anywhere. Best Buy recently decided to go through this "restructure" in terms of leadership and management roles in our business. Fortunately, my pay, though not as good as it stands, wasn't affected, nor my position, but my seniors, supervisors and mangers were. That was a lot commas. And that was a run on sentence. Anyways, I've been working my ass off to get that damn full time spot as a senior, but with the position "restructure" it has all but quickened my pursuit for that position. Now, I see myself as yet another lowly, someone who needs to restart and work from the bottom up. Unfortunately, I'm not the salesman I used to be. I realize that I'm more of a leader, a person who gets satisfaction from successful peers. To continue, supervisor spots have gone from about 5-7 in the store, to about 3-4. Supposedly Best Buy has been planning this "restructure" since before the economic recession had begun, but who are we to believe? For all we know, they could have thought about this 2 weeks ago, and panicked in lure of this damn depression.


That leads me to another thought.





What kind of expectation are we putting on Obama? A black man who will take the troops out, save us from this recession, create equality for all races, and make America strong in patriotism? Please, if people weren't so desperate for perfection, then Obama wouldn't be such a saint. Hear me out, Obama, I think, is going to be a significant president, not because of what we EXPECT out of him, but because what he is UP AGAINST. I hate this hype that surrounds the idea that things will change overnight, or even in four years. He's one person, though true backed by government, still needs time to heal anything. Government is a slow moving process.

Anyways, I'm not a big politics guy, but it amazes me to see people begging to get out of the depression, when it requires people to actually spend money. People need to spend money everyday to spread the wealth and put money back into our economic system to get things rolling back to how it used to. Then again, it requires cooperation out of the billions of people that live here, and common sense tells us that any group larger than 10+ have virtually no cooperation.








School ends in about four weeks. Third year is coming up. I could of sworn I just graduated out of high school. Time and time again, I've been trippin over the same bullshit this past year, my life is all work, no play, and moving way too fast. The trip to LA wasn't horrible, in fact, it was one of the best trips ever. Why do I feel a bit of animosity towards it? It made me realize how my life is about living for tomorrow, not today. The things I was doing today was to make sure that tomorrow wouldn't be fucked up, and hopefully for the day that follows. I would plan my life 5 days ahead, literally to the hour, everyday.


So for now, the ukulele will be my best friend, and I will be attempting to work on my voice. Nothing else to it. I've got to do homework so that tomorrow I can hang out with my friends, and to make up for that I have to do my online assignment Sunday night. See that?


Good night.

0 comments: