Warmth.

You know, I just wanted to go off Kevin's blog or blurb about music. Music is seriously the best thing in the world. I think about it and a lot of people would probably say they can't live without money or a car or pussy, but if we lived in a world without music. It would be a terrible life to live. I know this post might be pretty pointless because it's like "well no shit music is important, it's been around since the dawn of man." Yeah I know that, but I just wanted to share how music is important to me.
Through the bullshit in my life, I know there is a song out there that I can relate to. Nothing makes me feel better than a tune that just resonates with my soul. I know that sounds cliche, but I really do get that feeling. Every night when I sleep, I like to listen to music mainly because I hate complete silence. I always have my music on, if I'm doing homework, playing games, or chillin; I never get tired of it.

Another thing that I want to share is, which I usually don't, is my enjoyment to sing. I like to sing, but not many people know that because I'm really shy to sing out loud. Now I've been told that I'm a "good" singer, but I don't really know if people are just being nice. Whatever their true opinion may be, I personally think I'm alright. I'm at least musically tuned to know if I'm off-key or if I can or can't sing a certain note. I don't have a magically gifted voice that just dazzles people, but I also don't have a voice that sounds like a cat being strangled. I guess I bring this up because I can understand why Kevin wants to learn how to sing, as do I. Sometimes when stuff is on your mind and you want to express it, simply just talking it out doesn't do the job; that's why most people sing. You're just putting yourself out there and putting meaning behind what you're singing. I think about all those R&B artist like Ne-yo or Usher and appreciate the fact that they aren't just expressing themselves by talking about it on a track, but by singing their hearts out. But beside all the fame and talent that they have, the reason they sing is the same reason I sing, they just do it better. Haha.
Honestly, whenever I go through some certain situation, such as the most recent one, I find myself listening to a song that I can relate to and just singing it the best I can because it's what I have to say without just saying it. I really do want sing publicly sometimes, but I guess I'm afraid that people will think I'm terrible or whatnot, but honestly, I shouldn't worry about if they like me or not. I should be singing because I have a message to convey and share with other people. Of course it would help if I actually sang well lol. I don't know...I was thinking about working with Kevin and put down some videos of our attempt to be musically talented. It's something to do. I guess y'all just have to see.

0 comments: