So I was on facebook and a friend of mine from high school, Cherelle Cruz, wrote this awesome piece on the Notes application. I just wanted to post it up here because I think its a real thoughtful and insightful blurb and I wanted to share it with our readers. Anyways, Check it out:
Realize it, I’m Independent
I was in this period in my life where I wanted a boyfriend. Where I felt that I needed someone there to help me feel that comfort. That one self realization from another. But what I didn’t know, was that my mind was set to be with someone to show others I’m taken, to prove that I am happy with this other individual, to carry on from the pain I possessed inside of my will to make him feel my pain. Him, my old lover, who now I see loves someone else other than me. Him, the guy who I once loved, who I thought was “forever”. When it was for then, for when it happened, for the past, for now is for-never. We have this ideal of saying “never say never”, but I say it because maybe it is a never. Maybe it is a past event that we live in and realize more than what is taken. I’ve felt that jealous behavior than I never intended to. Because the proven fact that I still loved him, that I still think of him, miss him, want him. I wanted something, that something between us where I thought we would last…is now what became nothing... Now, he grows day by day getting to know this other girl. Who soon he will love, and say those three little words that I wanted to hear from him to me but he has this one, this someone he defines his happiness. Sometimes, it hurts. But I can’t let my deepest pain I hold inside be apart within another person. It shows my weakness. It shows that from my weakest point I needed someone and it shows my insecurity. It will show that I was not strong enough to build a self-realization out of me. When we are ever in our darkest light or that weak point, some of us have to learn day by day through our self. Don’t let the pain possessed in you carry onto someone else, because you soon then think that its you when really its not and your soul becomes the weak link of your core. I was close to that point and saw it in others. Saw that their weakest core became an action onto me, testing my feelings that I knew. That I had broken a heart of my lack of knowing me, knowing what I really wanted, knowing that my pain was brought onto the heart that I shattered in pieces. Which then made me see and uncover that life passes by with questions and answers. That as of me, I ask where must I stand? How I stand? What strongly defines the woman I am? I answer to you, to God, to myself that the inner core of this soul, is known for being Independent. I now let myself complete me, not let someone else complete but lighten me more of what can be me, of what is me. I also say, don’t let a guy, a girl find your completeness. You got to find it, then that other person will liven it. Which then makes you a better person within. Real love will come my way unexpectedly and in this state of mind of now I’m not ready. I’ll live for me and I had realized that I’m better as this individual. What makes me out of other women who may lack their security, is this Independent Soul.
www.youtube.com/mscherellecruz
http://www.myspace.com/tahitihipz
0 comments:
Post a Comment