Epiphany.

So I don't normally do this, but I wanted to shed some light on an artist for all you beloved readers.

Chrisette Michele. I think her most recent hit is "Epiphany (I'm Leaving)." You might've heard it on the radio. I heard it once and I liked the song a lot, but like most radio cases, they never tell you the artist so I didn't think much of it. Just recently I was looking for some music to add to my forever growing library and came across the song again. Thanks to iTunes, I sampled some of her other songs to see if I wanted to download her album. I really enjoyed her style and the production of her music. For me, if I like more than three songs of an artist, I'll usually download the whole album because the other songs are pretty good as well. It's nice to appreciate an artist's single, but it's better to listen to their whole album because I'm sure they put as much effort into other songs as their singles. Anyways, Chrisette Michele has two albums out for now.

I Am (2007)















Epiphany (2009)















Check out those albums. She's done work with Ne-Yo and says that Ne-Yo changed her whole perception of music and singing. Her singing style is jazz influenced, but not too much to where you start thinking she belongs in the jazz section. You can definitely hear the "soul" in her music. Notable songs for me include Notebook, What You Do, Epiphany, and Like A Dream. Overall, her albums are worth listening. If you're into R&B or Soul, Chrisette Michele is definitely someone you should have in your ipod or zune or whatever.


I just wanted to mention another artist real quick. I'm pretty sure most of you have already heard of her, but I just wanted to say that Corinne Bailey Rae's debut album is awesome. I've been listening to it a lot and I don't see myself getting sick of it anytime soon. Her self-titled album features hits like Like A Star, Trouble Sleeping, and Put Your Records On. I can't wait for her to release a sophomore album.

Corinne Bailey Rae (2007)















If you don't already have her in your music library, then you are a hater of music. lol.

0 comments: