About a week prior to my birthday, I had planned to have a get together at Fallon's house. Let me just make a quick note that Fallon is a good friend of mine. Keep that in mind. We've had a couple of pleasant deep conversations and what not. On top of that, her and her roommates' house was the kick-it spot. So I figured, why not just have it there since everyone goes there anyways; its a familiar enviornment. So I went ahead and asked the house owners if it was ok. They all said it was fine. Then I invited people and most of them replied they were down to come through. However, they had a show that Friday evening, but that's why I didn't plan a big dinner or anything. Just a get together where I could see my good friends. It was set; meet up at Fallon's after the show. Simple right? Not quite.
A week rolls by and it's the day of. My plan was to go watch the show that MVP(the dance crew that my friends were in) at Battle of the Tribes at Overfelt High school. Unfortuantely, Lance and I were not allowed in because our attire was believed to be "gang colored." It was because of the little TEAL I had on my shoes and the GREY LOAFERS that Lance was wearing. We said fuck it, and bounced. We went to go eat at Chili's and played ping pong for a chunk of the day haha. The night arrives and it's almost time to head over to Fallon's with the homies. Kevin was working and we were waiting for him to get off. We all finally meet up at 7-11 and it's about 11:00 pm. Before we all head over there, I text a good friend of mine just to see what the situation is. He informs me that pretty much everyone is going to sleep. Honestly, I was a little disappointed, but I completely understood. They just had a show, danced like crazy, and I'm sure they were tired. I just said "It's ok, I understand. Thanks for letting me know." The only problem I had at this point was just finding something else to do.
Then I get a call from Fallon. She basically tells me what I already knew, that everyone is tired and are about to crash. I just say, it's ok. She also tells me that everyone thought I was at a party in Milpitas and that I basically flaked on everyone.....would I really do that? I have no idea where that rumor came from but that was the word that was going around, even though I had not talked to them in a week. Let me tell you, I was not at a party in Milpitas. The last thing I said to everyone was "Get together at Fallon's on my bday after Battle of the Tribes." She said she heard it from someone...hmmm, suspicious much? So in result, people "left" because they thought I having a blast in Milpitas. LOL. Moments later, I get a text from my friend. He tells me he just lied to me and feels really bad. I find out that Fallon told him to tell me not come over because everyone is pretty much gone. But really, people WERE there and the real reason was that Vanessa and her girlfriend JJ wanted to come through to the house. Since they wanted to come over, Fallon couldn't have me there because it'll have an awkward atmosphere and all this bullshit. I became furious. Not because it was my birthday, not because couple of the year was going to be there, I was pissed off because Fallon lied to me, to my face, well, it was on the phone, but she was putting all this bullshit in my ear.
I couldn't believe it. Remember how I said earlier that Fallon was a good friend? I have no idea what happened. I don't know what I did to deserve a betrayal of epic porportions. I'm completely truthful when I say I would not have given a shit if Vanessa and her sidekick were there. I didn't invite them, but it's not like I can kick them out, I would have just gone on with my business. All that scheming was unnecessary. I get a call from Layne, a down ass girl thats not afraid to say what's up and a good friend, and she tells me that all of them were confused as to if I was still having the get together at her place. Wasn't I? I recall telling everyone to be there and nothing more. She reasons that it was because I never really "confirmed" anything, especially with the house owners. She was right, maybe I could have been a little more clear as to what was going on. But the thing is, I didn't know how clear a simple get together had to be. I don't know what could be more clearer than "Meet up at Fallon's after your show." Another thing is that no one bothered to ask me themselves. They all have my number and not one person "confused" called me or txted me. They just assumed. Last time I checked, we're not little kids anymore and we don't need a daily reminder as to what is happening throughout the week. If anything was changed, I would have informed everyone, other than that, what was planned was still planned.
That is what went down that night. I still had a good time as me and the homeboys just went to Addy's house and played beer pong. It still left a burn inside me to know that friends that I thought were real, were playing me the whole time. If they really didn't want me over and simply told me the REAL reason why, I would have been ok with that. I would be a little upset, but it's better than being lied to. What's worse is that some people who don't know my side of the story think I'm just some jerk that ditched everyone. Am I going to try to clear things up with everyone? Honestly, I don't really care. People can think what they want, but I know that I ultimately got screwed in this situation. I also heard through the grapevine that Fallon was a little upset because she felt used because I haven't talked to her in a while. Yeah, I wanted to use her house, but it wasn't like I was going to bring a whole bunch people they didn't know. It's not like I wasn't going to talk to her and shit. I wanted to catch up and see what was going on with everyone. I've been busy with my own shit and they've been busy with theirs. What's the problem? And if people feel that I don't try to keep in touch, was that not an attempt to see people right there? For my birthday, I wanted to see people. That is it. But apparently, there HAS to be drama some way or another.
As for my friend who revealed the truth, he told me not to say anything, but honestly, something like this can not be kept quiet by me. I'm going to say something and I'm going to let people know what happened. Out of all people who believe in saying what's on your mind, he should understand the most. As for the aftermath, I was really drunk and I angry texted Vanessa saying some crazy ass shit. I admit that I was out of line there and I apologize for my actions. Only HALF of the things I didn't really mean. hahaha. She said it's not really her fault because Fallon was the one that asked them to come over. If that's the case, then I guess it really isn't her fault, but I don't know who to believe. Bullshit can come in different sizes and shapes, but it's still bullshit. I'm not looking for people to take my side, I just want to inform what really happened.
0 comments:
Post a Comment