Anyways, I went to a pretty dope 80's themed party/bboy barbeque last night. They were blasting music and they had a sessioning floor on the patio. I wish I could break..but I can't. =( The real bboys there were good though. Honestly, it felt so awesome seeing everyone come together by this art form we call "hip hop." It wasn't about who was better or trying to show off like you're the shit. We all just came together to have a good time and dance. Even though I'm pretty sure not everyone knew how to dance or break, we all had an appreciation of hip hop and the disputed culture that surrounds it. Of course you could tell who had been breaking for years and who had probably just started, but it didn't matter because we all had one love towards hip hop. There was some pretty sick dancers there though.
Speaking of sick dancers, I ran into Slim from Supreme Soul there. haha. Random. At a previous party a few months ago, I ran into Mitch at a random party. Apparently, Supreme Soul likes to hang out in San Jose. Anyways, I knew I recognized him from somewhere. I asked him just to make sure, and it wasn't like I was going to get star struck and be like "OMG!! ARE YOU, LIKE, SLIM FROM ABDC!?!?!" If there was any excitement from meeting him, it would be because of his work in Funks SF and his house dancing. I talked to him about house and where the best house clubs are. As the night went forth, he was pretty drunk and so was I. It was hella funny because every time I ran into him, he'd have a new can of beer, and I ran into him maybe about 6 times? hahaha. I also found out that he is Vietnamese! wtf!? I thought he was filipino, which is completely ironic because I always get mistaken as filipino too. We started hella laughing cause people always think we're filipino. hahaha...by the way, I'm Viet and Chinese.
Eventually, the cops came and broke up the party. Boo...Addy and I bounced quickly as possible. As we were walking to the car, a cop car pulled someone over trying to leave the party. He probably almost hit the cop or was driving on the wrong side of the road. When we saw that, we just booked it and took off. lol. When I got home, I just crashed. Now I'm blogging about it yeee!
That was my saturday night. Thanks to Addy for inviting me.
0 comments:
Post a Comment