Streak.


I realized something at this hour. This hour being that it is currently five in the morning. I seriously believe I have insomnia, but my name isn't Craig David. HAHA, I'm so clever. Anyways, I realized how much bullshit I can produce on this blog of ours. Before this whole blogging hype, I was never really into...sharing my feelings to people, especially on the internet. Honestly, I always saw it as people crying for attention and looking for others to comment about their complaints about the world. Yes, for some reason I thought the only thing that people blogged about were sad things. Then Kevin started a blog of our own. At first I wasn't really into it and I didn't know what to write. As you can obviously see now, that really isn't a problem for me anymore. haha. But I also learned an important lesson about myself and blogging.

I can understand why most people blog, and I say most because I still think some people just blog looking for the sheer naive attention that they desire. But the funny thing is is that that is exactly what blogging is about. That last sentence was weird. Blogging is about trying to be heard. I'm not talking about the "OMG listen to me because I need to know I exist and I want some attention!!" I'm talking about the "Hey, I've got some interesting shit you might want to hear, so listen it up." We all got something to say. In today's world, society flourishes in outspokeness. In fact, it's what brought us here. If no one had anything to say, we'd still be living a primitive life eating rocks and shitting on ourselves. 

Blogging, the way I see it, is as a poet with his poetry, or an artist with his paintings, or a musician with her music, or a playwright with her plays. It's a tool made for expression. Of course it isn't as creative or artistic as a musical piece or a masterful painting, but that's exactly what makes it so addictive and approachble. You don't have to have amazing skill or talent to blog. The minimum requirements to blog is to know how to type and basic grammar skills, but even then, some people don't have basic grammar and they still blog! It's human nature to want to be heard even if no one is listening. The simple fact that people get their thoughts out there keeps us all introspective, but as well as outrospective. 

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I blog because I have something to say. And I could care less who or how many people read it. I do it because I try to make tangible the many thoughts that are in my mind. I'm sure that that's why you see people start to blog nowadays. It's the new thing now. We live in a world where technology is advancing at an incredible rate, so why not use our technology to advance the way we think and the way we express ourselves.

0 comments: